Thursday, November 06, 2008

Grow embies grow!

We had our egg retrieval yesterday. All went well. I am still a little sore today, so I am resting and doing some work from home. I don't know what I expected to happen, but it was a pretty uneventful experience. We left the house around 6:45 AM to get to Rockville, MD by 8:15 AM. The traffic was horrendous. I hate being late for appointments and was really stressed on the ride over. I though we would be terribly late, but we arrive only 5 minutes late. The techs took us to an area of the clinic I hadn't seen before. It looked like a triage at a hospital. Each patient was partitioned off by a curtain, so it was semi private. I found it interesting to listen in on other patients questions and retrieval results.

At exactly 9:45 AM, on the dot, a nurse came to get me and off to the operating room we went. It had to be 30 degrees in there! I was freezing. I sat at the edge of the table and all I remember saying was "It is so cold in here". Someone in back of me answered "We will cover you up once you go under". I laid back and the next thing I remember is being in recovery. It didn't take long to come out of the anesthesia fog. I was given discharge instructions and the doctor came in with our retrieval results. She said that she retrieved 4 high quality eggs and that the embryologist would call us in the afternoon, today, to give us our fertilization report.

We didn't get our call today. I called the office and they hadn't received the fertilization report telling us how many of the 4 are still growing. If all goes well, we will do our embryo transfer on Saturday afternoon. I hope that they all make it until Saturday! Grow embies grow! I will post an update once we get our call.

No comments:

Post a Comment