Friday, November 14, 2008

Can you be a little pregnant......into the 1 Week Wait

This has been such an interesting experience to say the least.

One thing I can say is that DH has been so supportive and sweet. He has been going to get me drinks when I say I'm thirsty, doing things with the boy that he may not normally do (like make lunches, laundry, etc) before I can get to them, getting my heating pad ready before I take my Progesterone shot at night. He is just a great person. This morning, I had my work bag sitting by the door and he went over to it and picked it up. Then he said, "This bag is too heavy for you to carry". (I'm not suppose to carry over 10 pounds) When I went out to the car, I thought that I forgot the bag in the house, but when I got my son situated in the backseat I noticed my work bag there. I love him! xoxoxoxo

It has been 6 days since the transfer. If this were a normal cycle, I would get my period on day 28, 11/19. I promised DH that I would wait until the blood test to find out, if we are expecting, but I am so tempted to take a home pregnancy test around the time I would normally get my period. The blood test is almost an entire week past it! Maybe I can talk C into it.

I had the worst nausea yesterday and thought to myself "Oh, my God. I might be pregnant". But, I don't want to get my hopes up. I didn't have any nausea with my son. I am hoping to be as lucky the second time around.

This weekend is going to be super busy. I should be distracted, at least, until Monday.

On another note, I have decided to go organic and low-carb. Due to the medications, I have gained between 5-10 pounds over the last 4 weeks. I am retaining water something awful as well. When I was pregnant with my son, I gained all of my weight in the first 5 months and then lost 1-2 pounds, every doc check up, or stayed at the same weight for the remainder of the pregnancy (He still had a birth weight of 8.5 pounds). The reason for the lull in weight gain was that I was put on a low-carb diet due to gestational diabetes. I plan on learning from that is to start now, so that I don't add another 40 pounds on to my current weight. I read that if you start overweight (I have a BMI of 29) that the recommended weight gain is 15-25 pounds. I'm going to try hard to fall into that range. That would keep me under 200 pounds post delivery and make it easier to lose the extra pounds. I am going to google pregnancy weight for twins if your overweight (since that's a possiblitiy!). DH said last night that he wants to buy a treadmill, which would be great. I'm nervous about using my elliptical, but walking would be totally fine. Well, off to Giant's salad bar.

No comments:

Post a Comment