Monday, December 01, 2008

Into the holiday season

This was a crazy Thanksgiving holiday. With hosting it at our house and having to watch BIL's kids we had our hands full. It all worked out well and we made it through.

Usually, we put up our Christmas decorations the day after Thanksgiving, but that didn't happen this year. This coming weekend, we'll take some time to do that.

I got a company wide email this morning, saying that they are shutting down operations from 12/22 through 1/2. We will still get paid for holiday days, but we can either do leave without pay or use vacation for the other 7 days. This has to be hard for some people, that are scrapping by to live, during these tough economic times. However, I'm looking forward to the off time so that I can spend it with DH and the boy. DH still has to work, but I am going to find some fun activities to do with the little one.

On another note, I'm on the 4th book, of the Twilight series, Breaking Dawn, by Stephenie Meyer. This has been an enjoyable series to read. I started the first book last week and have been hooked! I have been trying to get out to see the movie, Twilight, but haven't been able to as of yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment