Monday, October 20, 2008

It's been one year!

It feels like an eternity since I was on here last. Yesterday was the one year mark since my last post. A lot has happened since then. I will do my best to update you on the major events.

Our son started Kindergarten this Fall and is doing great! He loves his new teacher and is adjusting well. I can't believe how big he's getting!

C and I bought our first single family home with the help of my SIL this past July! We love it. Only thing is this home is much larger with empty bedrooms and spaces that we are trying to create ideas for how to use them. The condo we owned was very cozy. I miss that in a way. My lab, Buddy, sure doesn't.

When we had a contract on our home we found out that we were expecting. It was a spontaneous pregnancy, no trying. Thanks to Endometriosis, the pregnancy was in my tubes. I just knew that God was having mercy on us.....but I'm sure that he has bigger plans for us than we can imagine for ourselves. I am starting to have a collection of HCHC patient bracelets. I really should throw them away......

After lots of scrimping and saving, C and I are starting our first IVF cycle! We have been doing Lupron injections since Thursday and my period should be here by this Wednesday. The meds that I will be on are Lupron, Follistim, and Menopur until retrieval. It is nice to know that we are bypassing my tubal issues. Starting this cycle gives us hope that we will have a little bro or sis for our son soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment