Monday, November 30, 2009

I can't believe it! Week 14!

I can't believe that we have made it to the second trimester! It seems surreal that it has taken years to get to this point. Now we have a little one growing and are out of the high risk for miscarriage. Thank you, God, for this blessing.

Morning sickness and food aversion are still hanging around. They are not as bad as weeks 6-9, but they have not made an exit yet. This week my appetite has really kick up a notch. Even though I still don't like many things, I feel very hungry. After I have eaten, and still feel hungry, I have been drinking water to try to fill myself. That has been working somewhat. Also, this week my sex drive has revved up. I'm sure DH is thrilled about that. I really wasn't interested in sex during the first trimester, but did it anyway. Now I am the pursuer. It's pretty funny. Twice a day is not out of the norm for us. I know too much info.

I haven't really bought anything for the baby yet. A couple of weeks ago, I saw a sale on diapers and bought a pack. I told myself that after 12 weeks that I would start picking up a couple of things here and there, but for some reason I'm not really interested yet.

Everything went well on the NT screening. Baby was measuring right on target. The baby was moving around, sucking his/her thumb, and giving the sonographer a hard time being so busy. Baby looks perfect with a perfect little face and all of it's parts. The chance of downs was 1 in 6000 for it's measurement and I couldn't be happier!

2 comments:

  1. Hey Christina,
    Still fairly new here, but hey, I am still sooo happy for you!! All your news seems totally fantastic-yay for the great measurements!! Also it sounds like you are feeling quite well what with all the shenanigans, so that's great too! I'll check back in with you soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Christina,
    I can't believe that after our woes with TTC a July 09 baby, we are now less than a week apart! Amazing. It sound like things are going well for you. Glad you got a great NT scan.

    ReplyDelete