Tuesday, August 04, 2009

Reality Check

I am staying consistent with my weight loss efforts this week. I have to say that I am proud of myself. I bought a scale yesterday and I almost fell over when I saw how much I weigh! Drum roll please..........198.1! That is by far the most I have ever weighed. Almost 200 pounds! I never weighed 190 anything, even when pregnant! I have to get out of the 90s asap! I can't get pregnant weighing this much.

My plan is to eat 1200 cals a day and exercise. I am walking 3 min/running 2 in the morning for 30 min. Then doing Jillian's (biggest loser) 30 day shred DVD in the evening. I have heard a lot of good reviews about it. We are going to walk our dogs for 15 min every evening (weather permitting). That puts total active daily minutes at 65. I also joined a website called Spark People to track my progress and have some fun. I will be weighing in once a week, tracking my eating and exercise, and making my progress a priority.

I really let being down about infertility affect my health. With a family history of diabetes and high blood pressure, I have to get this in check. I signed up for the Baltimore Running Festival 5K (Oct). I am going to get hubby to run/walk it with me for support. That will give me something to work towards.

I really want to have a baby, but my health needs to get in check first. I don't know how long it will take, but I can't do another IVF cycle until that has been accomplished. How I see it, the more committed to weight loss and my health that I am the sooner we can move forward with IVF. I will keep you posted on my progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment