Tuesday, January 13, 2009

True to my word

I have been true to my word! I am down a few pounds and am staying committed to my new lifestyle. I go in on Saturday 1/17 for my next weigh-in. I am so proud of myself that I am doing this the healthy way with good old fashioned exercise and portion control.

Sunday I had an emotionally poor day, so instead of diving off the deep end as usually, and eating like crap, I went for a walk on the treadmill. Endorphins work wonders on your mental status. It seems that I have at last found an alternate to eating, when I'm down, that has the same affect. I always wondered why, when people are stressed etc, they say "I'm going for a walk" or something along those lines. However, I'll not always have a treadmill or decent weather outdoors when emotions hit, but as this lifestyle become the norm my goal is that my thinking will lead to other things besides food.

DH and I have been exercising in the evenings. It has been really fun. After DS goes to bed, we go in the basement, turn up the music, and get to work. DH makes it fun because he is always dancing with our dog or doing something silly. I can't wait until we get a t.v. in our gym, so that we can watch shows we like while working out. I am concerned that DH will shrivel away into nothing. He goes to the gym in the morning and works out. Then during the day, at the clinic, he may jump on a machine if he's bored. Then when he gets home he works out with me, when he has already burned a zillion calories, and probably doesn't need to work out again and just wants me to stay motivated.

Overall, moral has remained high since my last post. Still taking it one day at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment