Thursday, March 18, 2010

Recovering from Car Accident

When I finally felt like I was feeling better, I get blindsided. Last Friday, DH and DS and I went to dinner at Red Robin. After eating, we decide to head to a furniture store about a mile away. As we are proceeding through a green light, BAM! A Ford Focus plows into the front. driver's side of our car. The airbags go off, the seat beat nearly strangulates me, and smoke is everywhere! The car continues to roll down the road and all I can think of is if my family is OK. I have never been in an accident were the air bags were set off, so I had no idea that they smoke. I thought the car was on fire. I just wanted to get us out of the car, so against my husbands wishes to stay still, I stumbled out of the car. Soreness isn't even the word for how I felt. I felt like I had just been beat down with a bat. DS was sleeping prior to the accident, so all he saw was the smoke. Thankfully, he was unharmed.

Turns out that the Ford Focus belonged to a teenage girl (actually her mom) who let the boy she was dating drive her car to the movies. After the crash, the boy jumps from the car, frantic, and screams that he doesn't have a license. Then he proceeds to run! I couldn't believe it. He didn't even care if the girl or the passengers in our car were alright. What an ass.

I was taken to the ER and everything was fine with Cailey. I have purplish bruising on my neck and lower stomach. As of today, I am still sore but am getting better.

The weather is great outside, so I am looking forward to a less eventful weekend.

5 comments:

  1. OH my gosh I didnt see this one come up and I don't know why!!! I'm so glad you had the air bag there to protect you and that Cailey is OK. Get some more rest if you can. Take care (((HUGS))))

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH MY GOODNESS!!! I am so glad that you and your family are okay!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG first of all I am so so glad your all ok and espcially Cailey!!
    I just don't get people who run more so if they are with someone they know, are they that dumb that they think their passanger isn't going to drop them in it and now add leaving the scene of an accident....dumbarse!

    You make sure you take care of yourself and your precious cargo xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks. I know...some people are just idiots.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my word girl, how scary. I am so glad to hear everyone is okay. I'm sure Cailey was surprised!

    ReplyDelete