Thursday, October 04, 2007

Update on Status

It has been awhile since I updated my blog. It is October and this is the month that we had planned to begin IVF. It is not happening, however, because in Aug I decided to go back to school and get a second bachelors in Nursing putting infertility on hold. Two weeks into the program I realized that the only reason that I was doing it was to fill a void. Focusing all of my energy on a new career, so that I didn't concentrate on the real issues was only putting it off for a later date. I wasn't spending time with my husband and my son's routine was out of whack. After prayer and self examination, I decided to withdrawl from my courses and get back to what was important: My Family.

My job has a plan that will cover IVF at 50% up to three cycles per live birth. We will start the testing required for IVF next month (Nov). Hopefully we will have our first cycle in January. That is fine by me because (1) it is less costly and (2) I still need to lose some weight prior to a pregnancy. The next few months will be focused on my health and family. Everything else should fall into place from there.

To be continued.

No comments:

Post a Comment